01 02 03 I'm My Favorite: Throwback Thursday 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Throwback Thursday

34
July 2002                                                                                   May 2011
I finally decided to bite the bullet over the weekend and try on this dress pictured above. This is the dress that has been tied to my October goals. I was 190 in that photo and it was my goal to get down to that weight by the beginning of October. I'm about five pounds from that goal and had been dreading trying on the dress. I needed to decide if I was going to wear it on my business trip and I was afraid it would be too tight.

Well, I'm happy to report that when I tried on the dress the other day I pretty much look the same in it as the photo above. I'm happy I'll get to wear it. I really love this dress and feel so proud that it's a size large from the "regular" misses department.

For the past month I've been trying on business suits at Macy's, Nordstrom and Stein Mart and have not like anything I've tried on. Over the weekend I decided to try Kohls. I had looked at their web site and saw they did have a career line at their store so I decide it was worth a shot. I was so happy I did because I ended up finding a flattering pant suit AND dress there (and on sale - is everything on sale all the time there?). I'm feeling much more confident now about this trip even if I'm still a few pounds away from my goal. The fact is I have lost 9.4 pounds in the past eight weeks. That is pretty awesome.


35 36 37 38