01 02 03 I'm My Favorite: Day 1- Shakeology Challenge 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Day 1- Shakeology Challenge

34
Well, Day 1 was great, as you would expect any Day 1 to be. Motivation is high, confidence in strong. It was a great day.

In preparation of Day 1, I went to Kroger on Wednesday night after we got home from Mary's graduation. I stuck to the outer aisles of the grocery store and loaded up with food that was good for the whole family. I actually felt pretty good about this trip, having been educating myself on healthy eating these past couple of years, my grocery cart contents didn't look all that much different than they would on any other day.

While I was waiting in line for about 10 minutes in the one check-out lane that was open, I noticed an employee getting ready to open another register. Since I was the next person in line, I got ready for her to make her announcement (which she DID) that she would help the next person in line. As I started moving my cart, this guy walked in front of me without a cart or groceries and called for his buddy to get in line. Now, a few years ago I would have just let him go ahead of me, but not the person I am now. We must follow rules people. I promptly moved my cart past him and started putting my groceries on the belt. The guys says to me in his best sarcastic voice "well, go ahead then." I calmly turned towards him, looked him in the eye and smiled my biggest smile and in a sweet voice said "she said she would help the next person in line." I smiled again and kept looking at him and he muttered "oh."

Mean people suck.

So anyway, let's get to the recap.

I woke up Thursday morning and braced myself for my first weigh-in. I had not been eating well or exercising much since the holiday weekend so I knew the numbers wouldn't be great.

As I shared in yesterday's post, I experienced my first Shakeology shake.


I knew I wanted to have a turkey sandwich for lunch, but hadn't planned much more than that since it was a late night. So my strategy was just to take a bunch of food with me to work so I was prepared for anything.
My bag of goodies for work.
Like I said yesterday, the shake kept me full until 10 a.m. which was perfect keeping with the 5 or 6 small meals a day. I went to the kitchen at my office to figure out what I wanted for a snack and saw this when I walked in the door.

 

I just smiled and opened the fridge door. There was nothing in that Panera box that could shake my Day 1 confidence. I settled on an orange pepper and low-fat Ranch dressing for my snack. 

I was really busy at work yesterday preparing for having Friday (today) off, so I actually ate my lunch and afternoon snacks later than I usually do, but I wasn't hungry which was good and also a welcome change. I'm sure it's because of the excitement of the challenge, but also because I was loading up on more filling foods than I have been lately. 

The hardest part of yesterday for me was this.


 

It's not that I dislike water, it's just that it's so much water. I'm not used to drinking that much of any liquid in one day. It will take some getting used to. I figured out that top green line on my Starbucks tumbler is 16 oz. I had four, 16 oz. servings while I was at work and then two more 16 oz. servings while I was at Zumba last night. I also had my shake in the morning and two cans of Diet Dr. Pepper. That's a lot of liquids and a lot of walks to the restroom. I'll get used to it though. I know how good it is for me. 

While I was eating my lunch at my desk and working on yesterday's blog post, I had a little ah ha moment. As I entered my 6 pt. lunch into the weight watcher plan manager I said to myself "this is how I lost weight." Seriously, how soon we forget. I have been eating out at lunch almost everyday for the past several months. Most of my fast food/restaurant lunches are at least 14 pts. No wonder I would be so discouraged when I got home and didn't have many points left for snacks or dinner. 

I was talking to some of the girls at Zumba last night about this. When I was consistently losing it was when I would take my lunch to work and blogging on my lunch hour. It really is all connected. I'm excited to be doing this all again. 

Speaking of Zumba, I decided to do back-to-back classes last night. I took Stephanie's class at 7 p.m., ate a granola bar during her cool-down and then took Lindsay's class at 8 p.m. It felt great and I felt strong. Talking in the hall before both classes I found out that two of my classmates were also doing the 10-day challenge right now, so of course I had to get a photo of all of us together. 

Karen, me and Greta before Lindsay's class
I got home from working out and knew I need to eat again. I ended up eating some scrambled eggs with mushroom and cheese. I was exhausted. 

I sent my daily challenge log to Geraldine, took a shower and hit the hay. Here are the details of my Day 1 for those interested. 

My daily Weight Watchers PointPlus target is 30 pts. I used all 30 pts.

pts.


Water intake – 96 oz.


Exercise – Stephanie’s 7 p.m. Zumba class and Lindsay’s 8 p.m. Zumba class


Thursday, June 2

Breakfast 7a.m.


Morning Snack 10 a.m.


Lunch 12:30 p.m.


Afternoon snack 3 p.m.


Pre-work out meal 6 p.m.


Snack between Zumba classes 8 p.m.


Post-work out meal 9:30 p.m.


Starting weight - 194.4


Chest – 41 in.
Waist – 38 ¾ in.

Hips – 48 in.

Labels: ,

35 36 37 38