01 02 03 I'm My Favorite: I Feel Pretty! 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

I Feel Pretty!

34
I've mentioned before that although I may have started out this wellness journey motivated to lose weight and look great, that goal has changed along the way. Now my focus is on having control over my mind, body and spirit.

Having said that, I have to admit that the looking good part is a really nice bonus!

I finally started to do a little shopping. My good friend and co-worker Stacey was very generous and gave me a J. Jill skirt in a size large. Size LARGE people!!! And it fit. I've told you about selling my big clothes at a local consignment shop and I recently purchased a J. Jill jacket with my earnings. Well I put the two pieces together along with a black cami I already had and here are the results!



I was really excited to show Stacey this morning. I got the reaction I wanted - a little squeal and golf clapping :) She's so sweet and I knew she would think it looked cute. Another co-workers, Nichole, stopped by my office to tell me I looked nice today.

Compliments like this mean so much to me. It makes me feel good. It makes me feel proud.

As I mentioned yesterday, I went to Kohls earlier this week. Besides the dress I showed you, I got a cute green shirt that I wore yesterday and I got a couple of compliments while I was wearing it. It's a size XL also and is still roomy. I'm loving that I'm out of plus sizes on top. When we dropped the kids off at school my friend Don said to me "You get smaller and smaller every time I see you!"

And then when I got to work, I walked in a little late to our weekly staff meeting so I stood by the door. On my way back to my office my co-worker Jennifer (who is the cutest mommy-to-be you will ever see) told me I looked so good, or great or fantastic - I can't remember the exact phrase but I do know I was beaming all the way back to my desk.

It's nice to be able to wear these tops that are showing my slimmer waist. It's feel awesome to be able to wear dresses and skirts again. I feel pretty and that is a boost to my self-esteem and my confidence which are all an added bonus to my journey.

I was talking to Jim the other day about the new purchases I've made and how they've made me feel and how I would like to buy more but I don't want to spend the money on a new wardrobe because I still want to lose more weight. Jim is a savvy shopper and buys a bunch of his suit shirts at Goodwill so I decided to give it a try. I went yesterday and found a pair of brown pants and a cute brown and white silk shirt (size XL) to go with it and a pair of black pants and a white and blue striped shirt (size XL - can you tell I'm excited to be out of the 1x and 2x!). All four pieces were less than $20. I'm good with paying that price for pieces of clothing that I will get use out of while I continue to lose weight. It's better than paying $20 for one shirt that I might outgrow outshrink (thanks CL) in a couple of months.

Speaking of continuing to lose weight. This is sitting outside of my office right now.



Work had McAlisters (my favorite) brought in for a meeting. These three items - McAlister's cookies, brownies and potato salad - are the three best tasting menu items at McAlisters in my opinion. On the way to my office to write this post during my lunch hour, I rounded the corner, saw the table, saw that it was McAlisters, saw the sandwiches and then saw the desserts and potato salad at the end and walked right into my office. I was not tempted to stop. It's all still sitting there. I can see it from my desk. I do not want it. I do not want to go and sneak a cookie and eat it in my office while no one is looking. I don't want it. I'm not interested. This is what success is to me.
35 36 37 38