01 02 03 I'm My Favorite: Dirty Dozen; Clean 15 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Dirty Dozen; Clean 15

34
I've been thinking about fruits and veggies a lot lately. I put out a cry for help to learn more about organic produce and received some great feedback from my friend Kirsten and my sister-in-law Kim.

Kim told me to google the "Clean 15 list" for buying organic foods which I did. I found this lovely cheat sheet on the Environmental Working Group's Shopper's Guide to Pesticides Web Site.


Source: Environmental Working Group's Shopper's Guide to Pesticides Web Site. http://www.foodnews.org/walletguide.php

I've been wanting to make the move to organic, but I wanted to understand why it was important and how to do it the right way. I was overwhelmed to say the least. Kim suggested that this Clean 15, Dirty Dozen list would be a way to ease into the organic movement and I agree. This list is something I can laminate and attach to my canvas grocery sack. Super Easy.

My friend Kirsten suggested some reading material to help educate myself. Once I finish my current romance novel, I'll be sure to download this to my reader and check it out.

Kirsten comments from my Let's Get a Snack post said:
"I highly recommend Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver to help you as you learn more about the importance, healthfulness as well as FUN about eating local and organic. The Kingsolver book explores what it means to eat locally and the global impacts of this lifestyle--which is actually how people have eaten for thousands of years--until recently!"

Do you shop locally? Frequent your local farmer's market? What about buying organic?

(The photo at the top of this post was taken from val'sphotos on flickr.)

Zumba Corner
Ugh, I haven't been to Zumba in a week. I won't list excuses. I just need to get back there.

Labels: , ,

35 36 37 38