I'm My Favorite: Turkey Lettuce Wraps
The biggest compliment I can give this recipe is that my picky eater, Gracie, ate it and liked it! If you know Gracie that's saying a lot.
I'm trying out some recipes this week in preparation for starting the 21 Day Fix with my Challenge Group on Monday. It's a simple, clean recipe.
Recipe is listed below the photos.
Turkey Lettuce Wraps
- 1 1/2 lbs. raw extra lean ground turkey breast
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. paprika
1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
Small package frozen multi-colored peppers
3/4 cup water
3/4 cup tomato sauce, no sugar added (4oz)
- 1 large lettuce leaf, washed, and dried
Makes six lettuce wraps. Each lettuce leaf equals a red and green 21 Day Fix / Extreme container.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the turkey and cook, stirring frequently until no longer pink.
- Add the garlic powder, cumin, salt, chili powder, paprika, and oregano. Mix well.
- Add the onion and bell pepper. Cook for about 4 to 5 minutes or until onion is translucent.
- Add water and tomato sauce. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low. Cook, covered, for about 10-12 minutes.
- Top each lettuce leaf evenly with turkey mixture.