01 02 03 I'm My Favorite: You Look Perfect The Way You Are! 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

You Look Perfect The Way You Are!

34
My conversation with Gracie yesterday on the way to dance class:

G: Mommy, I liked the music in your exercised DVD last night!
M: You could hear that in your room?
G: Yeah. Was it dancing?
M: No, it was stuff like jumping jacks and push ups. It was really hard.
G: Why did you do it if it was hard?
M: Because I wanted to.
G: But no one was making you do it.
M: No, but I wanted to do it.
G: But why did you do it if it was hard?
M: Oh, because I wanted to exercise.
G: You don't need to exercise. I think you look perfect the way you are!
M: Thank you honey. That is really nice. I just want to be healthier and exercise helps you be healthy, just like your dance classes do.
G: Okay

If you've read my blog at all you know these conversations with my kids are really important to me. We make every effort to make sure our kids have a healthy body image as well as knowing how important is to eat healthy and get enough exercise. I was pretty happy with how this conversation went. I'm glad that Gracie recognized that "I look perfect" the way I am but also knows that things like dance class are good for staying healthy,
35 36 37 38