01 02 03 I'm My Favorite: Eating Clean 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Eating Clean

34
Today is the end of my Five Day Clean Eating Challenge. The official end weigh in will be tomorrow but as of this morning I have lost nearly 4 lbs. since Monday. My coach explained that this challenge was only meant for a short period of time and is not how I should continue to eat because it's lower in calories.

I have learned a lot from this individual challenge. It's a lot more work to eat clean because of having to cook and prep foods and not grab packaged snacks and food. I was never "hungry" but I was definately ready to eat when meal times came along, especially dinner. I was proud of myself for sticking with meal prep. As soon as I was done with my dinner I would prep my lunch for the next day. Last night after dinner I prepped lunch and dinner and even grilled up a piece of chicken for my lunch today. I would have never done that before.

Habits that I will take with me from this challenge are a few of the meals that I really enjoyed. Baked potatoes for lunch - 7 minutes in the microwave, one slice of turkey bacon, 1 slice low fat cheese and 1 Tbsp. sour cream. I ended up eating that lunch three times. I also will make pork chops again. I don't believe I've ever cooked pork chops before. They were inexpensive and easy to prepare. Plus my picky eater Gracie really liked them.


35 36 37 38