01 02 03 I'm My Favorite: The Missing Piece 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

The Missing Piece

34
So the next thing I have to work on is my weekend eating. Once I have that I will have all the pieces in place and there will be no choice but for the scale to begin moving down. (last week's weigh-in was the same as the week before)

Right now I have my weekday eating completely under control. I stay within my MFP daily totals without much effort - partially because I'm exercising three of those five days. Speaking of exercise, I'm so pumped about working out right now that it will take a lot for me to miss one of the three classes I have on my calendar each week.

It's the weekend that undoes all the hard work I put in during the week. Weekends have always been a struggle for me. I tend to turn off that part of my brain that know what I'm supposed to be doing once Friday evening hits. This weekend it was a wedding and Colts game (hi Jody!) that did me in. On Saturday I had done fine with my calorie intake up until the wedding, but I didn't have a plan. I started off just eating veggies and fruit, but by the time dinner was served I was really hungry. Although I was taking tiny portions of the food from the buffet, I knew that I would already be way over my numbers for the day. Then there was the cherry pie. And after I ate that I figured - what the heck, I might as well eat a piece of wedding cake too. By my estimations I was 650 calories over budget for the day.

Gracie and me before the wedding


Sunday I made an ok choice with the taco salad without the shell for lunch, but I had four beers and sampled some biscuits and gravy and potatoes. I felt so defeated that I didn't even enter my food Sunday into MFP.

So obviously I know what I need to do. I have to have a plan and I have to stick to it.  I know I can do it. It's the last piece that I need to do and then I will actually see some results. I think I'm afraid to try. I don't believe in myself. You see, that's what's so great about writing a blog is that I didn't realize what was holding me back until I wrote that just now. Fear. I'm afraid of success. I'm afraid to go outside my comfort zone. The voice in my head says "If you don't try, you won't fail." Well, that is just silly. I want to succeed. Yes, it's a risk and yes, there is a chance I will fail, but all things worth doing take a little bit of a risk don't they - that's why the adventure is so memorable.

Ok, well, now that I've begun to talk my way through my last obstacle I need to set myself up to succeed this weekend. There's another wedding and a spaghetti dinner fundraiser on our calendar. Also, if I could get an extra workout in during the weekend it would help too. I will get a plan in place and stick to it.

Do you struggle with weekend eating? What tips do you have?
35 36 37 38