01 02 03 I'm My Favorite: Why does this happen? Why is it so hard? 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Why does this happen? Why is it so hard?

34
I've noticed something thought provoking, maybe a little disturbing the last several months. It has to do with other wellness bloggers. Specifically the ones I've been following since I started my blog in June 2010. What I've discovered is most of us are struggling. That is the few of us who are still blogging are struggling.

I'd like to think the bloggers who no longer blog two years later have reached their goals and are off in the land of rainbows and unicorns. But my gut tells me otherwise.

What I've found is these bloggers I've connected with are either struggling very hard to maintain their weight loss, have gained back 10-15 pounds or the most heartbreaking of all - have gained it all back.

Why does this happen? Why is it so hard?

We were all there together. We had the confidence to take on the world. Our days were full of eating the right foods and exercising with a passion. Weekly weigh-ins were always filled with losses. It seemed so easy.

Now we write inconsistently. When we write we talk about shame or setbacks. Then we write about how we think we finally have it all together again and the world better look out because we've got our groove back. Followed by days and weeks without posts. And then posts about shame and setbacks. It's a viscous cycle.

Why does this happen? Why is it so hard?

I don't have the answers. I do take comfort in knowing I'm not alone. But I have to be careful not to let it be an excuse for continuing the cycle I'm in right now.

I do know something that's helping me personally and that is seeking out new bloggers that have their stuff together. I read about their days of perfect eating, their daily workouts, their confidence. And it gives me hope.

Who are your favorite newbie bloggers?
35 36 37 38