01 02 03 I'm My Favorite: Weigh In and Half Marathon Training 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Weigh In and Half Marathon Training

34
Weigh in Day - Aug. 5
Previous weight - 194.4
Current weight - 195.5
Difference - gain 1.1 pounds

Total weight lost - 49.5 pounds

Activity
Monday - 1.5 mile walk
Thursday - 3 mile walk

I've been out of town the last two weeks. I was in West Palm Beach two weeks ago for a conference and to see my favorite person, Liz. We had such a good time catching up.

And last week, I was visiting my brother and sister-in-law in Maryland for our annual summer trip. It was so great to relax and spend time with my family.

The crazy busy summer of 2011 is coming to a close. And although it's been one of the best summers that I can remember in a long time, I'm actually looking forward to the kids going back to school and all of us getting back into a normal routine.

Speaking of routines, I'm happy to report that I started my walking half marathon training yesterday. I found a 14 week training program online and am so excited to start tackling the workouts on my spreadsheet.


Wednesday we drove home from Maryland and stopped to get new tennis shoes for everyone. I got some running shoes to wear during my training and was anxious to try them out last night. I had done a short 1.5 mile walk on Monday with my old, old Zumba shoes and walked too fast and ended up with shin splints. I was still pretty sore last night walking on the treadmill, but I kept a pretty slow pace of 3.3 or 3.5 and concentrated on walking properly. It hurt a little. I made sure I stretched after and iced my shins with some frozen fried rice for a little while when I got home (until Tanner kept trying to eat the bags). I'm happy to report that my legs feel great today :)


So there you have it. I'm anxious to see how I do with this training. My friend Stacey from my office is going to train with me when our schedules match up so that will be fun too. We're going to try and do some of the 3 and 4 mile walks on our lunch hours.

Have a great weekend everyone. Get out there and move!
35 36 37 38