01 02 03 I'm My Favorite: Day 7 - Shakeology Challenge 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Day 7 - Shakeology Challenge

34


Day seven and nearly seven pounds down. Things are starting to become routine now. Water is easy. I do miss my Diet Dr. Pepper, but I will continue to not drink it during the challenge. 

I want to share my routine for figuring out what I'm going to eat at work. 

This week I've been getting up about 30 minutes earlier than normal. I get the kid's clothes picked out and pack their day day camp bags. I sit and drink my shake while I relax a bit and then I go in the kitchen to figure out what I want to take to work. 

My strategy has been to make sure I have at least three proteins, one starchy carb, three simple carbs and three fats to cover the three meals I'll have at work. Then I pack a few extra things just in case I want some additional options. Then around 10 a.m. when I'm hungry I grab my lunch bag from the fridge and take it to my office. I open my Weight Watchers Plan Manager and then start deciding what I want to have at each meal. Then I just slide those items over from the list of foods over to the times of day, like so. 

"Midday" includes my lunch and afternoon snack

I like having the variety of foods to choose from and then figuring out which meal I want to eat them at. 

Here was Geraldine's comment on my Day 7 log:

"Your food log looks great today!"

That made me so happy. It goes back to my desire to receive praise from my teachers :)


I debated my whole commute home (45 minutes) what I was going to do for my exercise on day 7. I really wanted to go to Ashley's Zumba class or Interval Training at the Y, but I left it up to the kids and they didn't want to go to the Y so we went home. 

I fed the kids, kept Tanner from chewing up everything in the house and cleaned up the kitchen. I changed into a t-shirt and laced up my shoes waiting for Jim to get home so I could take Tanner for a walk as my exercise. At 8:30 p.m. he called and said he was 40 minutes away. That would be too late for me to go out so I had to think of something. We have AT&T Uverse so I turned on their On Demand to see if they had any exercise videos and they had a ton on their Exercise TV channel.

I quickly looked through the menu and decided on a 20 minute Latin dancing video. It wasn't the same as being in class, but at least I got my heart rate up and broke a sweat.


Since it was only 20 minutes I decided to do another video and this time settled on a abs and back workout.

I actually kind of enjoyed that. I think this might be a great thing for me to do on days that I don't go to Zumba or Interval Training. It will help me switch up my exercise and push my body. I'll definitely look more into the Exercise TV. Do any of you do these videos and have suggestions for me?

Day 7 - Latin Dancing and Abs/Backs

Here's my food log for Day 7:


My daily Weight Watchers PointPlus target is 30 pts. I used all 30 pts. today.
I earned 3 Activity Points today and used 1 pt.
(31 pts. total used today)

Water intake – 96 oz.

Exercise – 20 minute latin dance and 20 minute ab and back workout

Wednesday, June 8
Breakfast 6 a.m.
• Chocolate Shakeology (4 pts.)
• w/ strawberries (0 pts.) simple carb
• w/ 1 tsp. Peanut Butter & Co. The Bee’s (1 pt.) fat
• w/ 1 cup skim milk (2 pts.) protein

Morning snack 9:30 a.m.
• Organic Valley Stringles (String Cheese) (2 pt.) protein
• ½ Banana (0 pts.) simple carb
• 1 tsp. Peanut Butter & Co. The Bee’s (1 pt.) fat

Lunch 12:30 p.m.
• 2 slices low fat wheat bread (2 pts.) starchy carb
• 6 slices oven roasted turkey (1 pt.) protein
• 1 slice tomato (0 pts.) fibrous carb
• Dozen grapes (0 pts.) simple carb
• 1 tsp. Peanut Butter & Co. The Bee’s (1 pt.) fat

Afternoon snack 3:30 p.m.
• Oikos organic Greek yogurt – chocolate (3 pts.) protein
• ½ Banana (0 pts.) simple carb
• ½ orange pepper (0 pts.)  fibrous carb
• ½ cup cauliflower (0 pts.) fibrous carb
• 2 Tbsp. Cedar’s All Natural Hommus Roasted Red Pepper (1 pt.) fat

Dinner 6 p.m.
• 2 eggs (6 pts.) protein
• ¼ cup cheese (3 pts.) protein
• 6 slices oven roasted ham (2 pt.) protein
• ½ orange pepper (0 pts.)  fibrous carb
• 2 cloves garlic (0 pts.) fibrous carb
• ½ cup mushrooms (0 pts.)  fibrous carb
• ½ Tbsp. Olive Oil (2 pts.) fat

Labels: ,

35 36 37 38