01 02 03 I'm My Favorite: Clueless in the Kitchen - 15-Minute Vegetarian Chili 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Clueless in the Kitchen - 15-Minute Vegetarian Chili

34
It's been forever since I've tried a new recipe. I found this one on the Weight Watcher web site and was sold by the "15-Minutes" in the title.

I stopped by the store before picking up the kids from school and got the ingredients I needed and spent around $8.

We got home and I sauteed the garlic and started dumping in the tomatoes and beans and before I new it dinner was ready.

And what you've all been waiting for. The thumb count.

No surprise here:
Big thumbs down from Gracie. She saw the beans and it was a done deal.

And from Jacob:
Thumbs up although it was too spicy for him in the end.

I gave it a thumbs up.
It had a very unique taste and I can't quite put my finger on it. I think it was the red pepper flakes.

Jim had the rest of the chili when he got home from a late meeting.
Two big thumbs up from Jim. He said several times that he really, really liked it. He liked the kick to it.

This will definitely make a reappearance at our table. The price is right and I can't beat the quick turn-around time.

Ingredients
1 tsp canola oil
1 clove(s) (medium) garlic clove(s), minced
14 1/2 oz stewed tomatoes
15 oz canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
15 1/4 oz canned yellow corn, drained
15 oz canned tomato sauce
1 Tbsp chili powder
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 cup(s) dehydrated onion flakes
1/4 tsp black pepper
4 Tbsp low-fat shredded cheddar cheese, sharp-variety

Instructions
Heat oil in a large, nonstick, heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat. Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently, until aromatic, about 2 minutes. Add tomatoes, beans, corn, tomato sauce, chili powder, oregano, red pepper flakes, onion and pepper; stir well.

Increase heat to high and bring chili to a boil; cook, stirring frequently, until chili is thick and flavors are concentrated, about 5 minutes. Spoon into serving bowls and sprinkle with cheese. Yields about 1 1/4 cups chili and 1 tablespoon cheese per serving.

PointsPlus™ Value: 8

Servings: 4
35 36 37 38