01 02 03 I'm My Favorite: When Did I Stop Watching TV? 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

When Did I Stop Watching TV?

34
Another added benefit of Zumba is that I've pretty much stopped watching television. I had no intention of this happening. I was a TV junkie. That's what my evenings used to consist of. We would put the kids to bed, I would curl up on the couch with three favorite guys - Jim, Ben & Jerry and watch a few hours on the dvr.

My dvr was full of shows like Gossip Girl, 90210, Survivor, American Idol, Biggest Loser, and on and on and on.

Right now the only show I have on dvr that I watch is Parenthood and the only show I watch live every week is Boardwalk Empire on Sunday night. I will watch some of the NBC comedies with Jim on the weekends if he has them on and will sometimes breakout an episode of The Big Bang Theory when I have 30 minutes and all of the episodes haven't been erased because they've been saved too long.

I just have different priorities and interests now. I work out during the work week on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday which is about 90 minutes including driving time. On those nights I squeeze in picking up the kids from aftercare, making the kids dinner, homework, zumba, bedtime stories, my dinner, blogging, shower and bed. I've got it down pretty good and I can usually be in bed by 10 p.m. Three of our four Wednesdays every month consist of Cub Scouts with Jacob which we use as a full family activity. Friday nights are ballet and karate for the kids. That just doesn't leave any time for TV and you know what? You know what's coming right? I don't miss it. Not one bit.

What about you? If you exercise regularly, what did you used to do with that time before you started exercising?
35 36 37 38