01 02 03 I'm My Favorite: What I'm Supposed To Be Doing 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

What I'm Supposed To Be Doing

34
Of the six Zumba classes the Y has offered since July 5, I have been to all of them. Which includes the four back-to-back Saturday through Tuesday classes.

I haven't done the four day stretch since April.

I am very proud of myself.

And I feel great.


Baxter YMCA Zumba Class

My experience has been when I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing - exercising five days a week and counting WW points - I can feel it working.

I feel hungry - which was a foreign concept when I started. Feeling hungry kinda feels good. I make the mental connection that I feel hungry because I'm not overeating. I enjoy food more. I slow down. I don't sneak food.

I also can feel the results physically. My pants fit just a little bit different. I fall asleep quickly and sleep soundly. When I walk the few stairs into the office in the morning, my muscles are tight from the previous evening's workout.

I'm feeling all of this only five days after doing what I'm supposed to be doing.

I'm a big believer in things happening for a reason. Jim starting WW online three weeks ago and it was the little push I needed to get back on track. I had gotten lazy with tracking my points and I wasn't measuring things properly. I was finding too many excuses not to exercise. I was maintaining instead of losing and I was becoming discouraged.

I took the control back. I'm in charge and as long as I'm in charge I will see the results I want. It's that simple.

Zumba Corner
I need to give a little shout-out to our instructor Trish. Here's what I love about her classes:
  1. She has a different play list every single class
  2. She always introduces new songs and routines
  3. She always includes old songs and routines
  4. She insists on keeping the class moving - it's a cardio class and daggoneit, she will not let there be any lag time between songs
  5. She makes us tell her how we're doing and she keeps asking until were woo hooing back at her
  6. She encourages people to come towards the front of the class
Zumba Trish
Last night we did a song we haven't done in forever - Ricky Martin's Drop It On Me. Twice in the song we do a little shimmy thing that has us ending up in the back of the room. Then we take four sassy, catwalk steps up toward the front of the classroom and do two quick moves to the right and then to the left. And let me tell you, I feel so strong and sassy and like a rock star when I strut my stuff up to the front of the room in unison with the front row. It's like in the movies when there's a row of women walking together in slow motion with there hair blowing in the wind. It's awesome!

35 36 37 38