01 02 03 I'm My Favorite: Operation Clueless in the Kitchen 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Operation Clueless in the Kitchen

34
I don't remember the last time I went to the grocery store. I could probably count the number of items in the fridge on both hands. Being gone on vacation and most of the weekend has made it easy not to go. I usually go on Sundays but have gotten out of the habit. I've also been frustrated lately when I get home from the store having spent $150 and then the next evening I can't find anything to make for dinner.

I need your help here. Now that things are getting back to normal I want to get back into cooking healthy again. I think J and G are going to turn into chicken and fries soon if I don't start cooking again.




Little J eating homemade salsa back when I used to cook.


I need some fresh ideas for quick meals. They have to be quick. I get home from work with the kids around 5:30 and then I'm off to the gym at 6:40 on most nights. I have a snack before I workout and Jim and I usually eat after the kids are in bed (although we make it a point to sit together as a family when the kids eat).

I'm looking for low calorie chicken and pasta dishes. Jim likes to grill out so send those recipes my way too. I also need help in the fresh fruit and veggie department. I like fruits and vegetables but don't know what to do with them. I love zucchini and squash but don't know how to cook them. This from a girl who had to youtube a video on how to cut a fresh pineapple. I'm pretty helpless in the kitchen but I'm willing to try. We also plan to go to the pool at least once during the work week and want to pack a picnic dinners so I could use ideas there too.

Here's my deal for you: if you post a recipe or tip in my comments, I promise to make it and post my review here on my blog.

Labels: , ,

35 36 37 38